Internships are temporary work placements in workplaces and education institutions. Internships can be paid or unpaid depending on the industry and the length of placement, and are a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the area of your study.
Benefits of undertaking an internship can include:
- Contributing to your education through course credits.
- Experience working in Australia can help your chances of finding similar work back home.
- Helping to improve your English.
- Helping you develop a network of professional contacts, which could be useful for future references.
- Learning new work skills and practices.
There are several student and work visas that allow international students to intern in Australia. Different conditions can apply when it comes to the period of your internship, including: how many hours a day/week you can intern, and whether you can earn money as an intern. Further information on visa conditions can be found on the Department of Home Affairs (opens in a new window) website.
Many institutions have internship programs, so check what options your institution offers. There are also private recruitment and internship placement firms that help international students find internships; however, be aware that there can be costs associated with using these providers. This can range from $A1,500 to 2,100 depending on the length of your placement.
Cours de préparations pour le concours de l’ESSTIC 2022 ou de l’IRIC 2022 avec IRIC-ESSTIC PLUS- 699089937- 677932102